My Week in Hair

Big on hair? Got questions about it? This is the blog for you. Each week, Big Hair answers your hair questions and shares an incident involving his hair, your hair, or the hair of the person next to you.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hair of the Adonis

I didn't even know who Aaron Eckhardt was before last week, but now I am sure that few men are blessed with such hair. Near the start of the movie Thank You for Smoking, in which he stars, his character states that he was "the guy." You know, "the guy." The one that could pick up any girl in high school, who all the girls wanted to be with, who was Mr. Popular. And good looking. And athletic. And loved. And despised. This is Aaron Eckhardt.

I'd been unaware of him before last week, but I had seen him before, where he was also "the guy." It was in a movie called In the Company of Men. In both films, his characters are in many ways a despicable human being, though in Smoking, his character does at least have some redeeming qualities. But I am not think of morality first when I think of Mr. Eckhardt. I think of "the guy." And I think of hair.

With hair like that, I too could pick up the women. If you have seen Eckhardt's hair, you know that it is a thick blond mane that he quafts neatly in a business cut that does not seem geeky in the least. No, it's cool. It's quarterback cool--the quarterback we see in the pictures, not the kind that gets booted around the football field. Aaron Eckhardt, thank you. Thank you for showing me the way to more excellent hair. Do you give combing lessons? I'll start tomorrow. Oh, but you'll have to teach me how to cover the bald spot at the front of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home