My Week in Hair

Big on hair? Got questions about it? This is the blog for you. Each week, Big Hair answers your hair questions and shares an incident involving his hair, your hair, or the hair of the person next to you.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Day of Baldness 2

It's the name of a horror movie sequel--or should be. I see zombies in the future, bald ones, with pus coming out of their heads from not having worn a cap. Death by sunburn (which probably would be one of the most hurtful ways to go around, at least in terms of the length of the torture).

But I was not one to be part of this movie, at least not this weekend. On my way to work on my friend Courtney's chicken coop this weekend, I actually remembered to grab a cap before I left. I walked again. It was sunny and quite warm, but my head was protected. The protection kept me from getting burned, but it did make things a bit warmer. Things cannot be perfect after all.

Here's the protective gear this weekend: an Angels baseball cap. I hate baseball caps these days, I guess, because they make me look like some kind of sports nut. Even if I actually am an Angels and Dodgers fan, a baseball fan, I am not the kind who would wear sports team paraphenalia. (Now that I'm older, I wish I'd kept that Kauia painters' cap that I never wore.) But alas, I am the kind to wear such items, because if they're in the wardrobe, they get worn, even if I don't like them. So I had the cap AND the shirt on yesterday. The shirt was a birthday gift from about seven years. It isn't just a tee shirt: it's a jersey. It was all Angels. I looked like some kind game-day pimp.

And I helped put together a chicken coop--or part of it. Apparently, this is not me either (according to others), though I like to pretend to be a woodworker.

But at least I didn't get burned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home