My Week in Hair

Big on hair? Got questions about it? This is the blog for you. Each week, Big Hair answers your hair questions and shares an incident involving his hair, your hair, or the hair of the person next to you.

Monday, January 08, 2007

When Wigs Grow Old

Dear Big Hair: I have a dilemma. I started going bald at age eleven. Since age twelve, I've worn a wig. None of my friends know that this isn't my real hair, and unfortunately, last month, the wig manufacturer stopped replicating my particular hairdo and color. My wig is in need of desperate repair due to an incident with a racoon at a swimming pool. What should I do? If I change wigs now, everyone will know--or at the least, they'll think I'm dying my hair, which would be sissy. I don't want to be a sissy. --Sixteen and Desperate

Dear Sixteen and Desperate: Be a man. Suck it up. Most guys go bald eventually, and the fact that you're in high school shouldn't stop you from taking your lumps now. You're a freak. Acknowledge it, live with it, and move on.

For hair advice, write no1bag@gmail.com--or post your question as a comment to the most recent posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home