My Week in Hair

Big on hair? Got questions about it? This is the blog for you. Each week, Big Hair answers your hair questions and shares an incident involving his hair, your hair, or the hair of the person next to you.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Brazilian Hairdo

Have you got your Brazilian hairdo? Apparently, this weekend, that meant country, though I'm not sure what even that means. What is a country hairdo? What is a Brazilian one?

I didn't bother changing my hair to be Brazilian. I didn't bother changing anything. But a lot of folks dressed up as hicks, blackened out teeth, added freckles, wore overalls. And then they danced--to Brazilian folk music, which sounded suspiciously like Mexican mariachi music.

I didn't dance. I'm not really Brazilian. I was a pretender who refused to pretend. I felt merely awkward.

But dance they did, and then the music shifted into hip hop and techno, and I stood around watching. Watching was fine. Some of those Brazilians were pretty suave dancers. One of the men was so smooth that any girl he danced with looked stunning in his arms. That's the sort of dancer I'd like to be.

But I don't have Brazilian hair, and I don't know the Brazilian dance steps. It would have been no good to pretend, not with a man like that around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home