My Week in Hair

Big on hair? Got questions about it? This is the blog for you. Each week, Big Hair answers your hair questions and shares an incident involving his hair, your hair, or the hair of the person next to you.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ronald McDonald Wigs

This has nothing to do with my week in hair. It has to do with hair as it fascinates children. I am drawn tonight to think of the hair of a the clown, specifically the clown that sits around in McD's entertaining children. How does one get hair that red? Or clothes that yellow?

Ronald really does look like a guy who works at a fastfood outlet--polyester clothes, bright and garish colors that no human would wear together. It's a ridiculous getup. And kids suck it in.

I never got to see RM live and in person growing up. I wanted to. But he always came on Saturdays, when we were otherwise indisposed as a family. Once, he was supposed to show up on a Wednesday to the Robinsons or the Broadway or JC Penney or some department store like that, specifically to its toy section. I may have this wrong. I may be imagining this. And I may be imagining this also: he didn't show up. He called in sick or whatever. We kids were disappointed.

But he was coming to McD's that Saturday!

Who can blame him? I wouldn't want to go shopping in that outfit either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home